Frittatas are so easy and healthy! This recipe uses mushrooms and Chao cheese, then bakes in a cupcake pan.
Author: Lauren Adams
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced8 oz sliced mushrooms of choice
- 1 snacking red pepper chopped
- ½ cup “milk” of choice
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 cup Chao cheese, shredded
- 1 bottle 12 FL OZ “Just Egg “
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Preheat skillet on medium heat and add oil. Add onion and cook until just softened, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, peppers and half of the salt, and cook until liquid is almost evaporated away, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl add Just Eggs, milk, rest of salt and pepper; combine ingredients gently with a fork.
- Turn off heat under the skillet. Separate veg mixture into 12 portions and place one portion in each cupcake cup.
- Sprinkle veggies with half of the cheese, pour “egg” mixture ( about 1/8 cup) on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let vegetable frittatas cool for 10 minutes, then serve warm or cold.
Store: Refrigerate in a container for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Freeze baked frittata after it has cooled. Place in Ziploc bag and let out air as much as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Good vegetables for making frittata are cooked (sweet) potatoes, broccoli, pepper, asparagus, peas, tomato, corn, mushrooms.
Wonderful served with a fresh green salad, side of plant-based sausages of your choice, fresh fruit, and breakfast breads of your choice