Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups unbleached flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups peeled grated carrots (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups roughly cut chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ raisins, black or golden
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup melted Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (2) or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and ginger. Whisk to blend. Add carrots, walnuts, and raisins and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey and coconut oil. Whisk until blended. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. The dough might be rather wet, but don’t worry.
- Drop ¼ cup scoops of dough (use a scoop with a scraper) onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving several inches around each one. Use the palm of your hand to gently flatten each cookie to about ¾ inch thick.
- Bake until cookies are golden and firm around the edges, 15-17 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer the cookies to the rack to cool completely (otherwise bottoms will brown to much).
Leftover cookies will keep, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, and in the freezer for up to 3 months