Grandma’s Fresh Apple Cake
4 cups chopped apples
2 cups white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ quarter teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup canola oil
2 golden flax “eggs” or 2 whole eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
½ powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar and apples, set aside. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in another bowl.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add the apples and sugar, mix well. Stir in dry ingredients, then the nuts. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
4. Bake in the preheated over for 45 minutes, or until cake springs back to the touch.
5. When cake is completely cool, sift ½ cup of powdered sugar over the top of the cake.
* Be sure to let the flax eggs sit for 10 minutes before putting them in the batter.