Neva’s Pineapple Date Bars
- 1 recipe of Crisp Topping (see below)
- 1 cup date pieces
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¾ cup diced dried pineapple pieces (optional)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup each water and honey (warmed slightly) or pure maple syrup
Place coconut in food processor and half of oats ( ¾ cup ). Whiz for 1 minute until fine. Add remainder of the oats, salt and honey or maple syrup mix. Whiz briefly to mix together.
- Make Crisp Topping and place half the mixture on the bottom of an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan that has been lightly oiled. Press topping firmly and evenly to cover the bottom.
- Next, blend dates, crushed pineapple, and vanilla. Spread evenly over crust, and then distribute the raisins and dried pineapple over the date filling.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture evenly over the top. Press gently into pineapple-date filling with fingers.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 350F degrees until lightly browned. Remove and cool before cutting into squares.
Makes 16 squares
From the kitchen of Neva Brackett – 7 Secrets Cookbook