Secret Ingredient Brownies
Rae Lee Cooper
- 1 C low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1/3 C pumpkin puree (can use canned pumpkin)
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 + 1 1/2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ C non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Make sure you've rinsed and thoroughly drained your black beans at this point.
- Blend black beans, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole-wheat flour and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Fold in the chocolate chips without over-mixing.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon portions of batter in each backing tin slot. Then with slightly moistened fingertips, press the tops to flatten. Can decorate the top with crushed walnuts or pecans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, cool and serve.
Makes 36 mini-brownies.
Recipe from: From Plant to Plate, Tami Bivens, RD, 2018 Life and Health Network, pg. 235.