1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a food processor, blend together the cilantro, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, pepper flakes and salt. Blend until a thick green puree starts to form.
3. With the processor running, pour the olive oil and water in slowly to make a well-blended sauce. If the sauce is too thick, stir in a spoonful or two more of water. This sauce should be the consistency of a very heavy salad dressing. Set this herb sauce called chermoula in Moroccan cooking aside.
4. Peel the butternut squash and cut into ¾ inch “steaks,” discarding the seeds. Rub the squash with ¼ cup of chermoula sauce. Lay the squash on parchment-lined baking sheets.
5. Roast squash until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
6. While the squash is roasting, prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
7. To serve, place the quinoa on a platter and layer the squash slices over it. Garnish with a few spoonsful of the chermoula sauce and if desired, some parsley leaves.
**The chermoula sauce is delicious on vegetables or over a sandwich.**