Classic Cheese Lasagna for a Vegan!
Heat oven to 350°F. before you start!
- 12 lasagna noodles prepared per package
- 1 jar tomato sauce of your choice
- 1 to 2 packages of Chao Cheese shredded (more cheese for more cheesy lasagna)
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare noodles and set aside. I usually cook noodles al dente (not completely cooked so the noodles are sure to soak up the sauce and not be runny when you slice into the lasagna)
- Shred as much of the cheese as you want to use in a food processor. I find one package is enough but if you like extra cheesy, then two is perfect!
- Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat, not letting them burn.
- Spread enough sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish to lightly cover
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles, sauce and 1/2 of the onions.
- Next layer noodles, sauce, then sprinkle cheese over sauce to desired amount.
- Next layer noodles, sauce, and remaining onions
- Next layer noodles, sauce and remaining cheese
Cover tightly with foil and bake 35 to 45 min. or until heated through and knife point does not feel resistance to slicing into the layers.
Let stand covered at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
I have added sautéed mushrooms, other vegs like eggplant, crumbled non-meat sausages, or other things that make lasagna yummy.
I have also made Mexican Lasagna by using Enchilada sauce and onions, peppers etc. so be creative and come up with your own special flavors