Lemon Cream Sauce Ingredients:
1. Cook the fettuccine according to package instructions, rinse in cold water and set aside. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add asparagus, pinch of salt and black pepper and mix. Cover to cook/steam for 3 minutes or until bright green. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add oil to the same skillet over medium heat, add garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add onion, pepper, and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Next, blend ingredients from tofu to flour until smooth. Add the blended sauce to the skillet, add herbs and mix in. Bring to a simmer. Fold in the rest of the lemon zest and lemon slices. Taste and adjust salt and flavor with additional garlic powder, herbs and more black pepper, if needed.
5. Add the cooked pasta and 2/3 of the asparagus and mix in. Cover and take off heat and let the flavors meld for 2-3 minutes.
6. Garnish with pepper flakes, black pepper and fresh basil and optional vegan parmesan and the cooked asparagus and serve.
Adapted from an original recipe by Vegan Richa