Ingredients for Sauce:
Ingredients for Tofu:
1. Prepare tofu: press out water, cube and then steam for 15 minutes. Let cool and pat remaining water off.
2. Dredge tofu in flour, salt and pepper mixture. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Rotate and bake 15 minutes longer.
3. Sauté pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic and then add sliced onion, carrots, celery and peppers and sauté for 3-5 minutes more.
4. Combine sauce ingredients and add to mixture in Step 3. Add tofu and let thicken.
5. Serve over brown rice or jasmine rice.
From the kitchen of Tammy Stewart