- 11-12 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can Worthington Vegan Vegeburger
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red or other colored pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping teaspoon McKay’s Beef Style Seasoning
- 1 heaping teaspoon McKay’s Chicken Style Seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic & Herb Seasoning (Spice Island)
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcester sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, sauté vegeburger, onion, and pepper. Pour in water and season with both McKay’s seasonings, thyme, salt, black pepper, garlic & herb seasoning and Worcester sauce and cook until most of the water has evaporated.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and cook until vegetables and meat mixture are warm.
- Pour meat mixture into casserole dish. Cover top with mashed potatoes. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until top begins to brown.*
*Note: After 35 minutes you can turn on the broiler and allow potatoes to get the edges and tips of potatoes a golden brown.