TASTY HOMEADE HUMMUS
- 1/4 cup good-quality tahini
- 2–4 tablespoons cold water, or more if needed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Puree the first six ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Tahini, cold water, olive oil, smoky paprika, salt, garlic and lime or lemon.
- Add in the chickpeas, rinsed in warm water and drained.
- Puree for 3-4 minutes, or until smooth, scrape the sides down occasionally. If the hummus seems too thick, add in an extra olive oil or water.
- Taste and season. Add extra salt, paprika and/or lime or lemon juice as needed.
- Garnish and serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl, add on any toppings that you would like, and enjoy!!
optional toppings: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, sprinkle of ground sumac or cumin, toasted pine nuts or any other options you may like