Mexican Noodle Soup
Sopa de Fideo
(Mexican Noodle Soup)
- 1 tbsp oil or your choice
- 8 oz angle hair pasta or orzo noodles
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- ½ onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 10 cups veg stock of your choice
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In large pot add oil and heat to medium heat
- If using angel hair, break into one-inch pieces and add to oil. If using Orzo, add to pan and stir into the oil.
- In blender, add tomatoes, garlic, onions, and 2 cups veg broth and process until smooth.
- Add directly into just browning noodles all at once so the noodles don’t stick. Stir.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes then add the remaining stock. Increase heat to medium high.
- Add zucchini. Reduce heat to simmer and cook soup until zucchini is just tender and noodles are al dente, about 20 minutes. Stir often and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- On the side of the bowl add a couple of lime wedges to squeeze into the soup! Yummy