- 2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 cups vegetable stock or broth, divided
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups canned white hominy, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 7 oz. can diced green chili peppers
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place 1 can of rinsed and drained cannellini beans in a blender with 1 cup of vegetable stock and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté the celery, onion, garlic jalapeño, and bell pepper in ½ cup of the vegetable stock.
- To the pot of vegetables, add the remaining ½ cup vegetable stock, the remaining half of the beans, the creamy bean mixture, and the remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and broth is creamy.
- Serves 4
Recipe by Kim Campbell at Plant Pure Chef