Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Herbs
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or sage
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rub squash with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, until fork tender. Let cool about 10 minutes, the scrape the insides with a fork to pull the strands away from the skin. Put strands in a colander and press them with a paper towel to get some of the excess moisture out. Let squash stand in colander while other ingredients are prepped.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 ½ minutes, until fragrant. Stir in spaghetti squash, vinegar, herbs, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for about 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in pine nuts. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.