Glazed Delicata Squash
- 2-pounds delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt plus a pinch
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Trim ends from each squash and scrape out seeds. Cut into ½-inch thick slices.
- Toss slices with oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Divide slices between 2 rimmed baking sheets and roast until dark brown on bottom, 20-25 minutes, rotating pans between top and bottom racks halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat honey, vinegar, ad ginger in a large skillet over med-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat and let simmer until it reduces to a glaze, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste,
- Transfer squash to platter and drizzle with glaze. Serve warm.
Delicata squash is a terrific change from the traditional butternut and acorn squashes.