Roasted Acorn Squash with Walnuts and Cranberries
- 3 medium acorn squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 4 tablespoons vegan buttery sticks (Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds from the middle. Carefully cut each half into 2 wedges.
- Place wedges into a large baking dish then brush all sides with olive oil. Scatter brown sugar evenly on top ten season with salt and pepper. Bake until soft and caramelized around the edges, about 1 hour.
- When squash has roasted, add the butter, walnuts and cranberries to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter begins to bubble around the nuts then spoon over the squash.
Adapted from Inspired Taste from the kitchen of Adam and Joanne Gallagher